These rich chocolate candies feature a fabulous hazelnut flavor. They're an eye-catching addition to your Easter table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 pound white candy coating disks
- 5 to 6 drops blue food coloring
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Flaked coconut, toasted, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Add chocolate and remove from the heat (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in Nutella until combined. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Shape 1 heaping teaspoonful of chocolate mixture into an egg. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate until firm, about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Dip eggs into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with coffee granules. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve eggs on a nest of coconut if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Truffle Eggs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p163
Reviews for Truffle Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review