Truffle Cups Recipe
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; cook for 5 minutes. With a narrow pastry brush, "paint" the chocolate mixture on the inside of 1-in. foil candy cups. Place on a tray and refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Remove about 12 cups at a time from the refrigerator; remove and discard foil cups. Return chocolate cups to the refrigerator. For filling, melt candy coating and cream; stir until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Beat filling for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Use a pastry star tube or spoon to fill the chocolate cups. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Truffle Cups
"Wow good thing I read the reviews!"
"I was so excited to make this for Valentine's Day. Thank goodness I worked on it the day before because I ended up throwing it in the garbage. Lining the cups was easy but peeling them without breaking them was not, but I figured I could "fix" them up with the filling. It was SO SWEET - too sweet and I LOVE sweets, but it was too much! Not edible....ended up in the trash which is unheard of at our house!!"