When I serve this elegant confection for the holidays, it never fails to draw compliments. Delightfully tempting, the cups are a fun fluffy variation on traditional truffles.
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; cook
- for 5 minutes. With a narrow pastry brush, "paint" the chocolate
- mixture on the inside of 1-in. foil candy cups. Place on a tray and
- refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Remove about 12 cups at a time from the refrigerator; remove and
- discard foil cups. Return chocolate cups to the refrigerator. For
- filling, melt candy coating and cream; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until
- mixture begins to thicken. Beat filling for 1-2 minutes or until
- light and fluffy. Use a pastry star tube or spoon to fill the
- chocolate cups. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.