When I serve this elegant confection for the holidays, it never fails to draw compliments. Delightfully tempting, the cups are a fun fluffy variation on traditional truffles.
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening. Stir until smooth; cook for 5 minutes. With a narrow pastry brush, "paint" the chocolate mixture on the inside of 1-in. foil candy cups. Place on a tray and refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Remove about 12 cups at a time from the refrigerator; remove and discard foil cups. Return chocolate cups to the refrigerator. For filling, melt candy coating and cream; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Beat filling for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Use a pastry star tube or spoon to fill the chocolate cups. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Truffle Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p37
Reviews for Truffle Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review