Truffle Cherries Recipe
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Pat cherries with paper towels until very dry. Shape a teaspoonful of chocolate mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cherries until coated; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 57 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Truffle Cherries
"Our first time to make these and everyone loves them!! Easy to make and delicious!"
"I used cherries without the stems and they worked well too. It made them look more like the other chocolate that I make at Christmas time. These were fantastic!"
"Oh where oh where will I ever find the time???Definitely will have to make these - maybe for Valentines Day!"