Truffle Cherries Recipe
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Pat cherries with paper towels until very dry. Shape a teaspoonful of chocolate mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cherries until coated; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 57 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Truffle Cherries
"love these... and for the adults who want a little extra kick I soak the cherries for 24 hours in brandy. soooo yummy!"
"Our first time to make these and everyone loves them!! easy to make and delicious!"
"Oh where oh where will I ever find the time???Definitely will have to make these - maybe for Valentines Day!"