Chocolate is popular at our house, especially during the holidays, so these double chocolate gems never last long! —Anne Drouin, Dunnville, Ontario
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (8 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Pat cherries with paper towels until very dry. Shape a teaspoonful of chocolate mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cherries until coated; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Truffle Cherries in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p37
Reviews for Truffle Cherries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review