Truffle Cake with Candy Cane Cream Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 candy canes, finely ground
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 1. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 2. In a large saucepan, cook chocolate and cream over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, flour and remaining sugar on high speed until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture.
- 3. Pour batter into prepared crust. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 4. Beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in ground candy and extract if desired. Serve with cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice with about 2 tablespoons cream equals 442 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Truffle Cake with Candy Cane Cream
"This is a fairly simple dessert to prepare but guest will think it worthy of a pastry chef! I did a ganache drizzle on top instead of the candy cane cream as this had to sit out on the counter for a couple of hours. Best served at room temperature for optimum velvety smoothness!"
"Chocolate, what more can I say."
"This rocked!!! It's rich but not heavy. I used the lesser amount of peppermint extract and it seemed perfect!!!! SO YUMMY all together!"
"Made this for Christmas, everyone loved it and asked for it agoin for New Years. I am going to try the ganache on top like chrissybr did. Great recipe!"
"This was so decadent and chocolately, we really enjoyed it on Christmas Day. The only thing different I did was chop up peppermint patties and added it to the chocolate. 5 stars indeed."
"Very rich cake, but good flavor. Not too sweet. I couldn't eat an entire piece!"
"Luxurious taste, very easy to make!YUM!"
"Great recipe! My brother loves anything mint so I added about 3 teaspoons of the peppermint extract to the cake to make it more of a "minty dessert". It was great! My brother is already requesting it for his b-day in June!"
"My daughter made this for my dads birthday and my parents took it home, thats how much they liked it!"
"Absolutely delicious and moist. Everyone raved about the candy cane cream. I did cover it with ganache the second time I made it and thought it was even better. I drizzled melted white chocolate over the top as well."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.