- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate candy coating (about 1/8 pound)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Slivered almonds
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Stir in cream cheese, water and extract until well blended. Chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape teaspoonfuls into slightly oblong balls with one flatter end; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In microwave or double boiler, melt candy coating. Dip the flat end of each acorn about 1/8 in. into the chocolate, then dip in chopped almonds. Insert a slivered almond into the top for a stem. Return to waxed paper to harden. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Truffle Acorns in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p39
Reviews for Truffle Acorns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review