True Love Truffles Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 22 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Green food coloring, optional
- Butter a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 236° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat. Stir in candies until melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Spread into prepared pan; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 96 pieces; roll each into a ball (mixture will be soft). Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt 18 oz. of white chocolate and chocolate chips. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper to harden. Melt the remaining white chocolate; add food coloring if desired. Drizzle over truffles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for True Love Truffles(5)
Sort By :
These were very tasty. I would half the recipe next time. Any recommendations on how to dip in the chocolate to make it easier?
These are absolutely delicious. This recipe has been added to our "must have for Christmas holiday" list of treats.
Sorry, I have not made this recipe, so I gave it 5 stars because that's what it already had. Can you make the balls ahead of time and then freeze them and when ready, thaw and coat with the chocolate??
I have been making these for years also, at Christmas. They are fantastic. My granddaughters loved rolling and dipping these. Has become a family tradition.
True love truffles are fun and easy to make, and they taste absolutely delicious. They're a delight to share on Valentine's Day, and will be a keeper in our house for a long time to come.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >