- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"These waffles are great. However, I did change a few things. I used two cups low fat buttermilk, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup butter. The batter was nice and thick and the waffles cooked perfectly. They were nice and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside."
"Has anyone tried this w fresh fruit in the batter. They r still great plain. Eat them hot w icecream in the middle of 2 waffles And a little dusting of powder sugar. Awesome desert idea. I let my batter sit for 20minutes before I put them on the waffle iron. It seems to make them a lil more crisp"
"Excellent waffles!!!! Light crispy and tasty!!!! I wish that I had used this recipe for our family's March birthdays brunch last Sunday!!!! They are tremendous and easy enough to make with my 2 yr. old grandson! Thank You!!!We will definitely make these again and again!!! LHayes"
"Loved your recipe! I toned down on the sugar because i prefer maple syrup anyway and added cinnamon to it and it was divine! This is my first time making waffles and i don't think i'm going to even try any other waffle recipe!"
"Nice recipe and very tastey"