True Belgian Waffles Recipe
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
The Best Waffles We've Ever Had! Even restaurants haven't beat it yet. We've been spoiled and would want any other waffles after these. YUMMMYY ^_^
Turned out great just wanted to try a different waffle recipe.
Way to sweet maybe 1/4 cup sugar my husband didn't even eat half of his waffle now I have all that extra and wasted batter
These waffles are great! They taste just like my grandmother's waffles, and I have been looking for a recipe that matches what she used to make. I added a bit of cinnamon like she used to do. So glad I found this!
These waffles really are great tasting! I love the consistency of Belgian waffles. I followed the recipe exactly. I wish I had tried them before adding syrup though. Once I added real maple syrup, they were too sweet for my taste, and I love sweets. I have lots of leftover batter, so tomorrow I plan to eat them with fresh peaches and homemade whipped cream! I think I'll prefer it that way.