True Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles(64)
Sort By :
These waffles used SOO much butter and they came out very soggy and nasty. I had to cook them twice the regular time and was very unpleased. With all the ingredients it barely made enough for four. Also, they were overly sweet. I am VERY unhappy with this recipe. If you would like to eat a stick of butter, have at it.
I love this recipe (so does my family!). I've made it several times now with great results. Tonight I accidentally left out the butter completely and guess what? They were awesome!!! Slightly thicker and still crispy and yummy!
The best waffles i have ever made!
thank you for sharing the recipe with us.
I made these Vegan with substituting flax seed and water for the egg, Coconut Milk for the Milk, and Coconut Oil for the Butter. Now I haven't had the original recipe but I have to say that even with my ingredient departure, these were still amazing. Everyone loved these! I'll be making these again.
I would be surprised if someone give this recipe less than 5 star for taste. They are crispy on the sides and fluffy in the middle - just what every waffle should be. It's great for freezing too so make sure you make 'em in batches! I'm just concern on the amount of butter & calories it has but oh well, anything super healthy can't taste this good! I add about 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed and hemp seeds to make it a bit healthier & it does not in any way alter the taste & texture of the waffle.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >