True Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"These are, by far, the best waffles I have ever made. They are so light and fluffy and sweet; you don't even need syrup. Definitely a keeper in my book!"
"Oops guess I didn't read right... butter is mentioned in the method. Seems like a lot of butter in 2 cups of flour. Will give it a try in the morning!"
"Love this recipe! Takes me back to Saturday mornings as a kid.. I second the comment adding a bit of cinnamon into the mix.. about a half tsp at best. also, at the last minute i sliced up one & a half bananas then used an egg beater to smoothly integrate that added element into the mix. won't say adding bananas will make this any healthy for those counting calories but it gives them some added flavor & tastes phenomenal."
"Great recipe! I substituted the cup of butter to 1/2 cup applesauce plus one tablespoon of butter and a little veg oil. Worked great. The trick, I suspect, is that I do have a greased commercial waffle iron."
"Mine didnt turn out well. I have no clue what've missed. I mixed it manually using spoon and made up the baking time only by checking the colour. Need help. Im actually looking for waffle recipe like the A&W has. Little crispy outside and fluffy inside. Does anybody know the recipe?"