True Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"This recipe was awful. Don't use it. Our waffles are disgusting and brown."
"Absolutely delightful. Didn't change one thing about this recipe! Since I'm the only one who eats waffles in my home I froze the remaining batter. Will continue to use this recipe."
"This recipe has severe misprint. It calls for a cup of butter (2 full sticks) melted and added to milk and vanilla then added to flour, sugar and baking powder. The results were terrible!! It tasted as if I dumped an entire salt shaker into mix. And the waffles would not EVER turn crispy. Highly recommend Taste of Home review this recipe and get it right. Yuk! Way, way too salty!!"
"These were just like any other waffle recipe made from scratch. Nothing noteworthy about them."
"Made this morning! My new favorite and keeping the recipe in my box. Slightly sweet and very fluffy and airy. Excellent recipe and I always have the ingredients on hand!"