- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"Loved your recipe! I toned down on the sugar because i prefer maple syrup anyway and added cinnamon to it and it was divine! This is my first time making waffles and i don't think i'm going to even try any other waffle recipe!"
"Nice recipe and very tastey"
"I wish it would have been thicker."
"This is a pretty awesome recipe. To get more awesome recipes with video tutorial check us outhttp://deliciousfinerecipes.blogspot.in/"
"Love the recipe used Coconut Vanilla milk and it was great. Can't have syrup so the sweet waffle work for me. Little work but great taste."