True Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"Love these waffles. My kids love them and no one at my house will go out to eat waffles anymore."
"Best tasting Belgium Waffle I have found and I gave tried several. Kids love them. No syrup needed. Love it!!!"
"mrswife - the recipe says 2 eggs, separated. Giving this a 2-star rating because I haven't tried it yet - having it later tonight."
"Is it just me or does this metion egg yolks and white in directions but doesn't mention them in the ingredients? Not sure how much to use and I have already started mixing everything else. Very frustrated!"
"Great tasting,the only thing I did was use less sugar and still tasted good"