True Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles(82)
Sort By :
Best Belgian Waffle recipe ever! We recently bought a Belgian waffle maker and experimented with A LOT of recipes. We tried yeast, egg whites, overnight, box mix etc. This one was by far the best!! Is it healthy, heck no! But we don't eat them everyday & I top mine with berries. We did add just a tad more milk to get a slightly thinner consistency. The butter did solidify somewhat when we added the milk, but it still mixed in fine. We had some left over and reheated them in the toaster oven 2 days later and they were still delicious. Light and fluffy!
Belgian Waffles are not meant to be light. They are what they are. If you treat these like a treat to eat on occasion they are fine and magnificent. I did not use butter or syrup on mine, just topped them with fresh strawberries and they were incredible. 2 waffles is 680 calories or so. Multiply that by 3 and you have a typical recommended caloric intake. Use ALL organic ingredients and these are just perfect for a Saturday or Sunday morning treat!
I made these today and they were alright, not as good as I expected quite thick batter. I will continue to search for better recipe. This one is very high in fat and not healthy too....
I made these for the first time today and they came out perfectly. My teenage daughter absolutely loved them. This recipe is definitely going in my recipe box at home. Thank you for sharing.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >