Trout-Stuffed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 12 tiny red potatoes (about 1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup flaked smoked trout
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato to level if necessary. Scoop out the pulp with a melon baller, leaving a thick shell.
- 3. In a large bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired. Fold in trout. Pipe into potato shells. Garnish with dill sprigs. Yield: 2 dozen.
Two appetizers (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 78 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.