Trout Meuniere Recipe
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Coat both sides of fillets with crushed saltines. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir the almonds in remaining butter until lightly toasted. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with trout. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 337 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Trout Meuniere
"We are not huge fish but we all loved this recipe. In fact during Lent I made it 3 times"
"This is really, really good and very quick and easy."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.