Tossed green salads are always a great way to complete a nice meal, and this recipe goes well with just about any main course for an elegant presentation.—Nancy Kelley, Nashville, Tennessee
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coat both sides of fillets with crushed saltines. In a large skillet,
- melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets for
- 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the almonds in remaining butter
- until lightly toasted. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with trout.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.