Trout Meuniere Recipe
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Coat both sides of fillets with crushed saltines. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir the almonds in remaining butter until lightly toasted. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with trout. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Trout Meuniere
"We are not huge fish but we all loved this recipe. In fact during Lent I made it 3 times"
"This is really, really good and very quick and easy."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.