Tossed green salads are always a great way to complete a nice meal, and this recipe goes well with just about any main course for an elegant presentation.—Nancy Kelley, Nashville, Tennessee
- 4 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups crushed saltines
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coat both sides of fillets with crushed saltines. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the almonds in remaining butter until lightly toasted. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with trout. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Trout Meuniere in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Trout Meuniere
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2012
"We are not huge fish but we all loved this recipe. In fact during Lent I made it 3 times"
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2009
"This is really, really good and very quick and easy."