This hearty chowder cooks conveniently in a slow cooker so I can spend more time fishing and less in the kitchen. Adding fresh taste and lively color to the rich cheesy broth is broccoli. -Linda Kesselring, Corning, New York
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add the milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Trout Chowder in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p37
Reviews for Trout Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review