Trout Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add the milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses and garlic powder.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 554 calories, 43g fat (16g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Trout Chowder
"I made this but added more trout because I had a large one on hand and I added some red potatoes and real garlic instead of powder and I added some green pepper. I had to increase the milk and cheese and dressing as well but it turned out better then expected! This is a keeper, We will make this again."