Trout Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 pound boneless trout fillets, skin removed
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add the milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses and garlic powder.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 554 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Trout Chowder
"I made this but added more trout because I had a large one on hand and I added some red potatoes and real garlic instead of powder and I added some green pepper. I had to increase the milk and cheese and dressing as well but it turned out better then expected! This is a keeper, We will make this again."