Trout Amandine Recipe
- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 1 pound each)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavity of each trout. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and cream. Dip trout in egg mixture, then roll in flour. In a small skillet over low heat, saute the almonds in 2 tablespoons butter until lightly browned. Add lemon juice an tarragon; heat through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, combine oil and remaining butter. Fry the trout for 8-10 minutes; carefully turn and fry 8 minutes longer or until it flakes easily with a fork. Top with almond mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 568 calories, 41 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 211 mg cholesterol, 1,354 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Trout Amandine
"My husband really enjoyed this recipe. I did, however, just use a trout fillet I picked up at the grocery store."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.