Tropical Yogurt Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 121 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Tropical Yogurt
"Plain yogurt is so healthy for you, but my husband doesn't care for the taste. He really liked this recipe. This will definitely be part of our breakfast menu in the future."
"This recipe offers a great way to create your own yogurt minus the high fructose corn syrup and unpronounceable preservatives that many commercially prepared yogurts contain. Other fruits could be used in place of the pineapple and lemon or orange zest could be substituted for the lime zest. I don't eat a lot of yogurt which is the only reason that I will probably not make it again."