Tropical Winter Warmer
While raising our family, we lived in a chalet on a lake. Winter morning were cold and frosty, so I'd often prepare this warm beverage. It's full of vitamins to give you energy on busy days. Patricia Slater, Baldwin, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 quart apple cider or juice
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- In a large saucepan, combine cider and brown sugar. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add cinnamon and cloves;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add
- grapefruit and orange juices; heat through (do not boil). Discard
- cinnamon and cloves before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.