Tropical Turkey Salad Recipe
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Line a large salad bowl with spinach and lettuce. Combine the next six ingredients; spoon into bowl.
- 2. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, raspberry syrup, vinegar, honey and celery seed; shake well.
- 3. Pour over the salad. Top with almonds and coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 333 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.