Forever on the lookout for good simple dishes to prepare, I tried this delicious salad while on a trip. It's lovely with all the colors and textures, and satisfying with a mixture of turkey, fruits and vegetables. The tangy raspberry dressing is irresistible. -Rosalind Canada, White Bluff, Tennessee
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 5 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Line a large salad bowl with spinach and lettuce. Combine the next six ingredients; spoon into bowl.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, raspberry syrup, vinegar, honey and celery seed; shake well.
- Pour over the salad. Top with almonds and coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Turkey Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review