Tropical Turkey Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine egg substitute, 1/3 cup pineapple and the seasonings. Add bread crumbs; mix well. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Press into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with 1 tablespoon pineapple. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 2. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onions, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, pepper and remaining pineapple. Serve with the meat loaf. Yield: 8 servings (2/3 cup sauce).
1 slice: 174 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Tropical Turkey Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.