- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch pepper
- In a bowl, combine egg substitute, 1/3 cup pineapple and the seasonings. Add bread crumbs; mix well. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Press into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with 1 tablespoon pineapple. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine onions, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, pepper and remaining pineapple. Serve with the meat loaf. Yield: 8 servings (2/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Tropical Turkey Meat Loaf in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p16
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tropical Turkey Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review