Tropical Tuna Salad
"Slice a few veggies, open a couple of cans and you can put together this hearty salad in just seconds," confirms Helen Myhre of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. "The oranges and pineapple add a hint of sweetness, while water chestnuts add crunch."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (12 ounces) water-packed low-sodium tuna, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, pineapple, onions, tuna, oranges and
- water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, soy sauce and
- lemon juice; pour over salad and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 205 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fruit.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now