Tropical Tuna Salad Recipe
"Slice a few veggies, open a couple of cans and you can put together this hearty salad in just seconds," confirms Helen Myhre of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. "The oranges and pineapple add a hint of sweetness, while water chestnuts add crunch."
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (12 ounces) water-packed low-sodium tuna, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, pineapple, onions, tuna, oranges and water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, soy sauce and lemon juice; pour over salad and toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Tuna Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Tuna Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >