Tropical Tuna Melts Recipe
Bring the taste of the Caribbean to your kitchen with these open-faced sandwiches. Renée Sagmoe of Champlin, Minnesota uses pineapple rings to add a tangy twist to traditional tuna melts. "Consider replacing the English muffins with bagels," she suggests.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the, mayonnaise, celery, salt and lemon-pepper; stir in tuna. Spread over muffin halves. Top each with a slice of pineapple and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Tropical Tuna Melts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC