Take a walk on the wild side and venture into the tropics with this one-skillet dish. Cool mint balances the sweet heat from the jelly. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed tropical fruit, undrained
- 1/4 cup dried tropical fruit
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Season fillets with jerk seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook fillets over medium-high heat for
- 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once.
- Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the fruit, onions, jelly and almonds;
- heat through. Stir in mint and lime juice. Serve with fish and rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1/2 cup salsa (calculated without rice) equals 283 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.