Take a walk on the wild side and venture into the tropics with this one-skillet dish. Cool mint balances the sweet heat from the jelly. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed tropical fruit, undrained
- 1/4 cup dried tropical fruit
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Season fillets with jerk seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the fruit, onions, jelly and almonds; heat through. Stir in mint and lime juice. Serve with fish and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Tilapia in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review