Tropical Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
Marinated in citrus juices, ginger and rum extract, these steaks deliver unbelievable flavor in every bite. Writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. "You could ‘build’ around these flavors, and serve a whole tropical meal!"
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Tenderloin Steaks
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC