Tropical Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Tenderloin Steaks in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p50
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tropical Tenderloin Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review