Irene Helen Zundel of Carmichaels, Pennsylvania suggests brewing a batch of this fragrant, flavorful tea in a slow cooker for your next family gathering.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 6 cups boiling water
- 6 individual tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 medium navel orange, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine boiling water and tea bags. Cover and
- let stand for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the remaining
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. Serve
- warm. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 82 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.