- 4 large sweet potatoes (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, cover sweet potatoes with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Add the pineapple, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines, brown sugar, cloves and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p37
Reviews for Tropical Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2012
This was a different twist to sweet potatoes.
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
Made this for my family on Christmas and several people asked me for the recipe. It is very good and just sweet enough.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >