Tropical Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Sweet potatoes take on a tropical twist with crushed pineapple mixed in. I add a crumb topping, which bakes to a pretty golden color, and a fresh pineapple garnish. Mary Gaylord, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, cover sweet potatoes with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash. Add the pineapple, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine saltines, brown sugar, cloves and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p37
Reviews for Tropical Sweet Potatoes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >