Tropical Sweet Bread Recipe
"This Hawaiian-style bread is an elegant addition to any meal," says Camie Schuiteman, Marion, Indiana. "It makes a delightful hostess gift, too."
- 1/4 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe banana
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 13 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the macadamia nuts. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 157 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Sweet Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC