Tropical Suncakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1-1/3 cups Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- STRAWBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg yolks, cheese, milk and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until syrupy. Serve with suncakes. Yield: 16 suncakes (1-1/4 cups sauce).
2 pancakes with 2 Tbsp. sauce equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1 lean meat.