- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1-1/3 cups Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- STRAWBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg yolks, cheese, milk and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until syrupy. Serve with suncakes. Yield: 16 suncakes (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews for Tropical Suncakes
Sort By :
"I don't know if somehow I messed this recipe up, but these were terrible. The consistency was strange and they never seemed to cook thoroughly. I kept leaving them on the griddle longer and longer each time, and the center was still gooey. Definitely would not make again. Not worth the effort with separating the eggs and then whipping the whites."
"These turned out pretty tasty; they did not rise very much, but the orange zest and ricotta made them light and fluffy, and the strawberry orange syrup was good."