“My daughter-in-law, who is a great cook, shared the recipe for these tender, citrusy pancakes. She first tried them on a trip to Disney World and found the recipe in a cookbook there.” —Ginger Sullivan, Cutler Bay, Florida
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1-1/3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- STRAWBERRY ORANGE SAUCE:
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg yolks, cheese, milk and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until syrupy. Serve with suncakes. Yield: 16 suncakes (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Tropical Suncakes in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p29
Reviews for Tropical Suncakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review