Tropical Stuffed Pears
Deborah Reno of Central City, Kentucky fills pear halves with a sweet and creamy concoction of pineapple, coconut and pecans. "This tempting dessert is special enough for guests but so easy to make. You can serve it after a quick lunch or dinner," she says.
6-7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, pineapple, marshmallows, coconut
- and pecans. Place pears on lettuce if desired; spoon pineapple
- mixture into the center of each. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.