Deborah Reno of Central City, Kentucky fills pear halves with a sweet and creamy concoction of pineapple, coconut and pecans. "This tempting dessert is special enough for guests but so easy to make. You can serve it after a quick lunch or dinner," she says.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, pineapple, marshmallows, coconut and pecans. Place pears on lettuce if desired; spoon pineapple mixture into the center of each. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Stuffed Pears in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p11