Tropical Spinach & Ham Salad
Capture summer flavor in this simple side salad with cucumber and mango. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 pound thick sliced deli ham, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the spinach, ham, mango, cucumber,
- almonds and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette
- ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 216 calories, 15 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon