"We like to experiment with different kinds of smoothies, and this refreshing creation is our favorite so far," relates Wendy Thomas of Pickens, South Carolina. The thick creamy blend has fabulous fruit flavors. Serve it as a day-starter or afternoon pick-me-up.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) pina colada or pineapple yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 17 to 20 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. While processing, add a few ice cubes at a time until
- mixture achieves desired thickness. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free milk and sugar-free pudding) equals 150 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.