"We like to experiment with different kinds of smoothies, and this refreshing creation is our favorite so far," relates Wendy Thomas of Pickens, South Carolina. The thick creamy blend has fabulous fruit flavors. Serve it as a day-starter or afternoon pick-me-up.
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) pina colada or pineapple yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 17 to 20 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, add a few ice cubes at a time until mixture achieves desired thickness. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Smoothies in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p53
Reviews for Tropical Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 11, 2013
"I thought this was just okay. I think if I make it again I will add more fruit and use less milk/yogurt."
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2009
"i love this! very refreshing! may try adding some strawberries to the mix and see how that turns out!!"