I first tried this refreshing beverage - with its tasty combination of citrus juices and mashed banana - at a church reception. It's perfect for serving at birthday parties, wedding showers, anniversary dinners and barbecues. -Hollis Mattson, Brush Prairie, Washington
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- In a blender, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, stir until slushy. Stir in soda. Serve immediately. Yield: 40-50 servings (about 11 quarts).
Originally published as Tropical Slush in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p37
Reviews for Tropical Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review