Tropical Slush Recipe
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a blender, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze.
- 2. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, stir until slushy. Stir in soda. Serve immediately. Yield: 40-50 servings (about 11 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 98 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Tropical Slush
"I love this recipe from my childhood. But I wonder if the calorie count is correct. I am making this for church next week and will skip the sugar (too much already in all those fruit concentrates for the diabetics)Thanks for reminding me of this long time favorite."
"Excellent beverage for summer!"