Tropical Slush Recipe
I first tried this refreshing beverage - with its tasty combination of citrus juices and mashed banana - at a church reception. It's perfect for serving at birthday parties, wedding showers, anniversary dinners and barbecues. -Hollis Mattson, Brush Prairie, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:40-50 servings
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a blender, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze.
- 2. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, stir until slushy. Stir in soda. Serve immediately. Yield: 40-50 servings (about 11 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 98 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC