I first tried this refreshing beverage - with its tasty combination of citrus juices and mashed banana - at a church reception. It's perfect for serving at birthday parties, wedding showers, anniversary dinners and barbecues. -Hollis Mattson, Brush Prairie, Washington
- 6 cups water, divided
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (46 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda
- In a blender, process 1 cup of water, bananas and sugar until smooth. Pour into a large container; add the concentrates, pineapple juice and remaining water. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, stir until slushy. Stir in soda. Serve immediately. Yield: 40-50 servings (about 11 quarts).
Originally published as Tropical Slush in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p37
Reviews for Tropical Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2013
"I love this recipe from my childhood. But I wonder if the calorie count is correct. I am making this for church next week and will skip the sugar (too much already in all those fruit concentrates for the diabetics)Thanks for reminding me of this long time favorite."
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"Excellent beverage for summer!"