Tropical Slaw Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) pineapple yogurt
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. Stir lemon juice and banana into reserved juice.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, oranges, marshmallows, coconut, walnuts, raisins, salt, pineapple and banana mixture. Add yogurt; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 269 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tropical Slaw
"This recipe is delicious! I left out the marshmallows because I didn't have any the 2nd time and it was still delicious!"