Tropical Sausage Kabobs Recipe
"I've prepared these yummy kabobs for family and friends for years," says Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. "They're a favorite to serve on the patio on summer evenings."
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks or 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and mustard until smooth. Gradually stir in ginger ale and honey until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 2. Alternately thread sausage and fruit onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with mustard sauce. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes or until evenly browned, basting and turning several times. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 466 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,008 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC