"I've prepared these yummy kabobs for family and friends for years," says Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas. "They're a favorite to serve on the patio on summer evenings."
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks or 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and mustard until smooth. Gradually stir in ginger ale and honey until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Alternately thread sausage and fruit onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with mustard sauce. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes or until evenly browned, basting and turning several times. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Sausage Kabobs in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p8
Reviews for Tropical Sausage Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review