Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette Recipe
The title says it all. The pinapple, macadamia nuts and coconut truely give it a South-Seas feel. You will love it!—
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 354 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC