The title says it all. The pinapple, macadamia nuts and coconut truely give it a South-Seas feel. You will love it!—
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pineapple juice, oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p66
Reviews for Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review