Tropical Rainbow Dessert Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin, divided
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 5 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pineapple gelatin, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve one package of strawberry gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Divide among 12 dessert dishes and refrigerate until set, or pour into a 3-qt. gelatin mold coated with cooking spray and refrigerate until set but not firm, 20-25 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve remaining package of strawberry gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water and scant 1/2 cup cream of coconut; stir. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until set but not firm, 20-25 minutes.
- 3. Repeat six times, alternating plain gelatin layers with creamy gelatin layers. Chill each layer until set but not firm before spooning next layer on top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 345 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (71g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Tropical Rainbow Dessert
"This recipe is just what I've been looking for, to make for my granddaughter's 5th birthday. She loves rainbows and the colors in this recipe are her current favorites. I just need to know if there is something that can be used in place of the cream of coconut? My grandson has a coconut allergy."
"This was awesome. I made it in a 9 x 13 clear baking dish. Very impressive looking!"