Tropical Rainbow Dessert Recipe
Classic ribbon gelatin salad gets an up-to-date makeover with this tropical treatment. Cream of coconut creates the creamy layers in these showstopping parfaits. I like to surprise my nieces and nephews with this Jell-O mold done in neon colors. —Dan Kelmenson, West Bloomfield, Michigan
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin, divided
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 5 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) pineapple gelatin, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve one package of strawberry gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Divide among 12 dessert dishes and refrigerate until set, or pour into a 3-qt. gelatin mold coated with cooking spray and refrigerate until set but not firm, 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve remaining package of strawberry gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water and scant 1/2 cup cream of coconut; stir. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until set but not firm, 20-25 minutes.
- Repeat six times, alternating plain gelatin layers with creamy gelatin layers. Chill each layer until set but not firm before spooning next layer on top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Rainbow Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p36
Reviews for Tropical Rainbow Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2011
This was awesome. I made it in a 9 x 13 clear baking dish. Very impressive looking!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >